Being a nanny is one of the most important jobs in the world, you are shaping tomorrow’s adults. You are doing this job because you
- You love children
- You love teaching your children new and interesting skills?
- You are organised, know how to cook and can run a household?
- You enjoy meeting other nannies with their similar age children?
- What went particularly well in a situation?
- What could be improved? How?
- What didn’t go to plan but what did you learn from this?
- What would you do differently next time?
Are you part of a In-home education service to access activities and early childhood education feedback? Do you always renew your First Aid every 2 years? Do you attend any related development courses or workshops?
Do you network with other nannies - perhaps sometimes older or more experienced than yourself or with a slightly different skill set / back ground? Please do not be afraid to call on KiwiOz to ask about a mentor we can look out for someone for you to assist with some experience sharing. Or maybe you would like to mentor others with less experience than yourself?
Are you proactive in your work? Do you research and plan ahead to ensure you are meeting your job requirements?
What tips and advice could you offer other nannies in full time or part time roles?
Please comment below.